Monday, January 5, 2009

It happened so fast, but change is good (I tell myself)

Just as Don and I were walking into the Manti  temple for my brother's wedding, the bishop called Don's phone. He answered and the bishop wanted to talk to me. I spoke with him for a minute. He told me they were going to release me the next day in church. I was in Utah so I wasn't going to be there. Oh well. Came as a bit of a shock. I knew I wouldn't be in YWs my whole life, but it was super fun while it lasted!

I'm gonna miss all the girls (Erinn Wagner, Elizabeth Sheffer, Breanna Price, Jessica Mundall, Lauren Fullmer, Sheyenne Harrison, Emily Gadberry, and others I met) A TON! They always made me laugh and there was never a dull moment!

I know I didn't do things perfectly in YWs, but I have some super great memories and made great friends...even if they are so much younger than me lol.

"Don't count the years; count the memories" and I got lots of great ones!!! Thanks girls. I LOVE YOU!!!

Here are just a few fun memories we had: Fun pictures!

6 comments:

  1. I know they loved you and you did a great job with them. I think you've got something great headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda - I'll bet you were the best YW leader ever. I'm sure the girls were so lucky to have you! But hey look @ it this way..now you are open for even cooler callings like ....Librarian (that's my calling :)) Hee Hee! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get ready for the nursery. They've got to break you into your new role somehow, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So here is the comment I promised you! I don't think you ever truly leave YW. You have forever made an impression on those lovely ladies. I wonder what the Bishop has in store for you now...hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that you made a difference in so many peoples lives....and that is what it is all about! But I know how you feel; getting released from a calling you love is hard, I recall having a walk with you in Logan talking about this very thing! But you are going to be a mommy soon and I think that is the greatest calling of all!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.