Today I was comforting Brody in the glider chair and I started to sing I Am A Child Of God to him. I didn’t even get half way through it and I starting bawling. I’m blaming it all on the huge lack of sleep ;) Oh, and I guess I just can’t believe I’m a mommy and how cute Brody is!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. That is so precious.
ReplyDeleteFind a mirror...look inside...repeat these words..."I am a mommy." It will sink in, and you will be wonderful. Until then, keep singing.
It is a combination of a lack of sleep, crazy wacked out hormones, and just an amazing song, for an amazing baby, with an amazing mother. Challenge: Try these ones with out crying. "I love to see the Temple", "Families Can Be Together forever", and, "Teach me to Walk". Good luck, let me know how it goes. Loves!
ReplyDeleteThat song always gets me too...but it has amazing power. Whenever my babies were unconsolable, I would sing that song and it would calm them (and me) down... Enjoy these first few months...they go all too quickly (everyone told me that, and you don't realize til after how precious those times were)
ReplyDeleteJulie
A baby changes everything. Welcome to mommydome
ReplyDeletei still cry all the time about being a mom and how great it is, and i am done with the hormones...
ReplyDeleteWeird that I sent an email instead of comment....
ReplyDeleteAnyway. CONGRATULATIONS! CUDDLE HIM ALL YOU CAN! HE IS BEAUTIFUL BRENDA!!!! It tears me up to see my baby growing so fast, but I'm in awe over the fact that each stage just gets better and better! Hope you can enjoy every minute, despite the sleep deprivation.
I can so relate. I just broke down holding Claire, a couple of days ago. It is so amazing that such special spirits are sent to us to love and take care. I can't believe that I have been blessed with two beautiful children. I feel so honored to be there mother. With Luke for about 6 months I felt like I was dreaming. I love singing to both of my babies the hymns and primary songs. They both usually calm right down when they hear me sing.
ReplyDelete