Some of you asked how I was able to get Brody to take longer naps. It has been and still is a process.
Here is our schedule:
7am – wake & eat
9am – nap
10am-ish(when he wakes) – eat
12pm – nap
1pm-ish(when he wakes) – eat
3pm – nap
6:15pm – bath(Don does this!)
6:45pm – eat and then to bed
Our trick is to use a blow dryer or white noise, I put on an iPod. Some may say it’s bad and that he’ll get used to it, but it works for us. Much better than crying it out, for me!!!
When I put him down for a nap (when he’s awake), I just lay him in his crib with his teddie (I read that it’s good to have a “lovey”), and then turn on some white noise. Some times he goes right to sleep. Other times he “talks” himself to sleep.
I leave the white noise on during the whole nap. I read in a book about cat naps and they said to do this. His naps are 1-2 hours now. I LOVE it! Sanity for me!!!
At night we don’t leave the white noise on, but if he wakes up before 3am (I set this limit for now), I turn it on and he 98 percent of the time goes back to sleep. I will extend the time when I feel ready. It was funny because the other night, I told Don that I was gonna go longer and see. Brody didn’t even wake up until 6:15am. He has done that probably like 5 or 6 times. He’s slowly getting there.
Brody makes us so happy! He’s worth the loss of sleep and everything else. Now that he is getting bigger (almost 6 months), he makes us laugh more and more. He is such a funny little dude!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.