Wednesday, December 2, 2009

merry christmas to me!

I was totally not planning on joining a gym because I like to be frugal. But I’m a Life Time Fitness member, as of today.

My visiting teachers came over today ,for the first time, from my new ward. One of them teaches at Life Time Fitness and so she was telling me all about it.

It is super close to our house and it is HUGE! We’ve driven by it multiple times and always dreamed about being a member, but never was going to join….until today!

They have a great child care facility that has a special room for infants 3 – 12 months. It’s 4 babies to 1 care taker. I’m allowed to have Brody in there a maximum of 2 hours a day.

I know I don’t seem like a person who loves to workout, but I actually do. I used to lift weights for softball. And I have run 4 half-marathons in my lifetime. So, I’m totally excited to exercise again…more than just walking Brody around the neighborhood!

I think Brody will love it too! He needs to get out and be around others more often!

I fully think weight loss is way more from what you eat than exercise, but when I exercise I tend to eat better. So, here comes off the 20 pounds more I have from before I got pregnant.

It costs $49.95/month for me and $5/month for Brody. It’s totally worth it because there is child care, I get to workout, it’s super close to our house, and it will make me happier!!!

lifetime_fitness_logo

7 comments:

  1. congrats! I think it's great. I'm much more motivated to exercise and work out when I'm with others, a gym environment is great for me- I'm a little jealous you have one so close! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congrats on the new membership at Life Time! You are absolutely going to love it!

    Bob Stanke
    http://robertstanke.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. And happiness is definitely the most important part. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lifetime Fitness! Oh how I miss the classes, sauna and pool!! You got an awesome deal~ I paid $90/month just for myself!! Obviously, it got too expensive for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm TOTALLY a fan of gyms. I joined one about six months after RAchel was born. I was trying really hard not to and to try to exercise on my own. I felt somewhat guilty for putting Rachel in the child care, but I have found that it's TOTALLY worth it. I am sooo much happier and such a better mother when I exercise. It seems to make lots of other things in life fall into place. I joined a gym here too, and the kids just LOVE It. It's fun for them to get to play, and I like that they get to be with other kids. It's usually only for 45 min to an hour, and I just think the rewards are so worth it. It reminds me about what Elder Ballard said that (something to the effect of) "if a young mother takes time to fill herself, she will be able to serve her family so much better. You can't give from an empty well." I love to think about that. It's so true! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go. Lifetime, eh. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.