Thursday, June 17, 2010

goals…good or bad?

If you asked Don, he would tell that I’m setting some new goal almost daily. Here are a few examples of them:

  • reading aloud together as a family daily
  • eating better (all sorts of small goals on this one)
  • being careful of every dollar I spend
  • working more (my computer programming job), instead of wasting time on other stuff on the computer
  • reading from my current book daily
  • cook something in the crockpot once a week
  • eat nuts daily
  • and the list could go on forever…

Don doesn’t go crazy with setting goals all the time, like I do, yet he’s still a great person doing great things!

The question is…what is better? To set goals or to not set them? Sometimes it’s more stressful to have so many goals that it drives me nuts. Don is a very easy-going guy. I need to be more like him!

3 comments:

  1. I think you can goal yourself into insanity. I, myself, have 3 overall goals, and I let the details fill themselves in.

    1: be happy
    2: try to make others happy
    3: when given a choice between soup or salad, always choose salad.

    The results vary, but I'm not a stressed person. If making goals makes you happy...do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your first two goals, but not the last one lol. I usually choose soup :)

    I do like making goals, but sometimes I drive myself NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you just the way that you are. We are different, that is one of the things that I love about you. I do good because you make me better.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.