Tuesday, June 8, 2010

jake

Don’s sister Michelle’s son Jake was serving in Afghanistan and was killed last week. Read more here. We went to CA this past weekend to attend the memorial. I had never met Jake, sadly, but now that I am a mom, I cannot even imagine losing a son.

IMG_2344 

Grandpa Hatch, Thomas Hatch (Don’s brother), and David Hatch (Don’s brother) waiting for the family prayer to start.

IMG_2348 IMG_2350 

Aunt Eunha and Brody!

IMG_2352 

Michelle and Chris arriving to the memorial.

IMG_2360 

Some more of the family waiting for the family prayer to start.

IMG_2361 IMG_2362 

Michelle chatting with Lacey (Jake’s old girlfriend).

IMG_2366 IMG_2368 IMG_2369 IMG_2374 

There were people lining the streets for miles on the precession.

IMG_2380 IMG_2385 IMG_2390 IMG_2397 

Brody was so hot and thirsty!

IMG_2405 

Michelle and Chris hugging everyone.

IMG_2407 

The line was long for hugs!

IMG_2415 

Brody being cute as always.

IMG_2425 

I LOVE April’s face in this picture!

IMG_2427 IMG_2435 

Eunha and I at the luncheon after the memorial. Michelle and Chris’s ward was amazing! They helped out so much!

IMG_2438 

David, Ruby, and I chatting about Michelle’s new iPad. Ruby played games for hours on it!

IMG_2441 

Chris chatting with the in-laws!

IMG_2448 

Of course Brody is on the ground eating a cookie!

IMG_2454 

Julie, Jen, Eve, and Chris hanging out in the backyard.

IMG_2460 IMG_2462 

The girls!

IMG_2463

The girls being crazy!

 

R.I.P. Jake! Tell my next kid that we are ready for him/her whenever!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet post. I am sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to have most of the family there. To bad that it took this to get us all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How heartbreaking Brenda. It's wonderful that you all could be around family to support each other. Condolances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that seems to sad. My thoughts are with you and the family.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.