Saturday, September 4, 2010

do you find time to read daily?

I loved this post written by Passionate Homemaking.

She makes 9 points how reading should be a top priority, even has a mom. I love her number 6 goal.

6. Get into the habit – read a page a day!

One of the key ways to start reading more is to just start with one basic goal – read a page a day! You will often find that you cannot stop after one page, but making the daily habit will far surpass your expectations. I often take a few moments after I lay the kids down for a nap to read a book and take a short rest myself. Yes, there may be many other tasks calling my name (clean the dishes, or organize something), but I deliberately stop and take a short rest to rejuvenate myself for the tasks ahead when my children rise up and hubby comes home.

I can totally read a page a day! I have done much better after reading The Read-Aloud Handbook, which I wrote about here.

Again, make sure to read the Passionate Homemakers post found here.

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't recommend reading Dickens or Tolstoy, then. Brody will be driving before you finished anything by those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading. :) It's the only thing aside from writing that I consider necessary for my survival. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read every day - I do limit my fiction books though because if it is a good one, the rest of my life can fall by the way side for a day or two...and that is not always a good thing! Reading helps me be a better wife/mom, a more interesting person and makes me feel more human. Essential to my day! I always carry a book with me and can squeeze five min in here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read. I should, but I don't. Too many other things I would rather spend my time doing. One day I will read again ... maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.