I finally feel at peace since I’ve decided not to wean Brody yet. I wasn’t loving it and neither was he. It’s healthy for him to continue, so that’s what we’re going to do.
good for you, but like nell said there are easier ones to cut out. I always started cutting out the one around lunch. first they eat more and it isn't anything to do with bed. then I slowly cut out the nap one. okay so i replace it with a sippy cup...and to be honest my baby is almost 4 and still gets a sippy of milk when he wakes up and goes to bed...so i may not be the best at cutting it out totally but i just don't think i would like to nurse my 4 year old. lily stopped herself, waaaay before i was ready and I wanted max to stop so i could get pregnant again but by replacing and slowly cutting back he was fine. it is sooo hard though! wait til you are more ready!
I am going through the same dilemma...but my baby is only 7 months old. I have been pumping during the day at work and then nursing nights, mornings and weekends. I think I have decided to stop pumping during the day and just nurse nights and mornings. The decision seemed to make sense when he was rejecting me constantly but he is back to loving nursing again. Oh the guilt!!!! I think I want to get pregnant again soon so that is something else I'm considering. But I do love it and felt your pain about missing the night time feeding. That is my favorite time! And I love your pics!
When you are ready do it. Sariah nursed for a super long time in my side of the families eyes. She nursed till 21 months. We cut out the nursing in the middle of the night, then the afternoon nursing before nap time, then the morning nursing, then the nursing right before bed....I think it was in that order. Whatever works best for you both and feels right is what will work. You are an awesome mommy!
I discovered that weaning can be pretty emotional. With my first, he and I were both ready to be done at 10 months. With my second, we made it 15 months. Do what is right for you both! Glad you are feeling peaceful about your choice!!
YAY for the both of you!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen you do decide to wean him, wouldn't it be easier to cut out the mid-day feedings first, rather than the bedtime feeding? Just wondering.
ReplyDeleteHooray for being at peace.
ReplyDeleteyay!
ReplyDeletegood for you, but like nell said there are easier ones to cut out. I always started cutting out the one around lunch. first they eat more and it isn't anything to do with bed. then I slowly cut out the nap one. okay so i replace it with a sippy cup...and to be honest my baby is almost 4 and still gets a sippy of milk when he wakes up and goes to bed...so i may not be the best at cutting it out totally but i just don't think i would like to nurse my 4 year old. lily stopped herself, waaaay before i was ready and I wanted max to stop so i could get pregnant again but by replacing and slowly cutting back he was fine. it is sooo hard though! wait til you are more ready!
ReplyDeleteI am going through the same dilemma...but my baby is only 7 months old. I have been pumping during the day at work and then nursing nights, mornings and weekends. I think I have decided to stop pumping during the day and just nurse nights and mornings. The decision seemed to make sense when he was rejecting me constantly but he is back to loving nursing again. Oh the guilt!!!! I think I want to get pregnant again soon so that is something else I'm considering. But I do love it and felt your pain about missing the night time feeding. That is my favorite time! And I love your pics!
ReplyDeleteWhen you are ready do it. Sariah nursed for a super long time in my side of the families eyes. She nursed till 21 months. We cut out the nursing in the middle of the night, then the afternoon nursing before nap time, then the morning nursing, then the nursing right before bed....I think it was in that order. Whatever works best for you both and feels right is what will work. You are an awesome mommy!
ReplyDeleteYou gotta do what feels right to you and Brody ... glad you're at peace about it!
ReplyDeleteI discovered that weaning can be pretty emotional. With my first, he and I were both ready to be done at 10 months. With my second, we made it 15 months. Do what is right for you both! Glad you are feeling peaceful about your choice!!
ReplyDelete