Wednesday, September 8, 2010

skinny, really???

I was a chicken today. I take Brody to all his wellness checkups, but asked Don if he could go to Brody’s 15-month appt this time. I hate seeing my little guy get shots. It hurts my heart. Here is the only picture Don took of the appointment.

com.android

Obviously Don and I are not skinny. Well, apparently our son is. He is only in the 3rd percentile {20 lbs, .75 oz} for his weight. Gosh, I feel like he eats enough! He has an appt in a month, just to be weighed, to make sure he is gaining weight. Any suggestions? Actually, I hope he is always skinny and doesn’t have to deal with crap that I’ve had to deal with since I was young Sad smile

Height: 2 ft, 6.25 in = 25th percentile

Head: 19.25 cm = 91st percentile. Try getting a shirt over this kids head! It’s even worse taking it off.

We love you Brody! Are you really 15 months already?!

10 comments:

  1. Coop was the same way. It was nothing to worry about. They did ask me to feed him some more fattening food. I did, it didn't work. Some kids are just light wieghts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about shots! You're not alone :)

    Hayden was super skinny at his 12 mo. checkup - 10th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. Long and skinny. My Dr. suggested putting butter on everything he ate, and it totally worked. But I wouldn't stress about it - Brody is cute, happy, and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the second shot, he would not let the nurse out of his sight. He wasn't going to let her close to him again. That was kind of funny, but I do not like it when he cries like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why dr's have to obsess over kids weights and worry the parents. Seriously, don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doctor always says the same thing about Annabelle. Then, she looks at me and says, "But, I guess you're thin, too." Like it's my fault. These doctors. (Actually, I really like Annabelle's doctor.)

    And, yes, I hate doctor's visits, too. Tonight, Annabelle and I were talking about the horrific experience she had when she had to have a catheter inserted to check for a UTI. She was potty training and she couldn't quite go in the cup. My heart still shudders at the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doctor always says the same thing about Annabelle. Then, she looks at me and says, "But, I guess you're thin, too." Like it's my fault. These doctors. (Actually, I really like Annabelle's doctor.)

    And, yes, I hate doctor's visits, too. Tonight, Annabelle and I were talking about the horrific experience she had when she had to have a catheter inserted to check for a UTI. She was potty training and she couldn't quite go in the cup. My heart still shudders at the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He'll catch up when its time for him to catch up. Its too early to be worried yet. If he has no other symptoms other than simply being a thin boy, than don't let anyone worry you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't let it worry you too much ... those are all based on averages. As long as he's eating and maintaining regular activities and milestones things should be fine - those stats all seem to balance themselves out at some point or another ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't stress too much. My first 2 girls were always low, too. Caitlin was always in the 10th-ish, until about 3 yrs and then she shot up. Breelyn is still tiny. She is 3, Allyson is 1. Allyson weighs 21lbs, Breelyn weighs 25lbs.
    My pediatrician told me that as long as the girls were staying constant (3%) and not dropping to like 1% or lower than they were fine.
    I agree with you. I keep hoping they don't have to deal with the same weight as me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.