*CAUTION* Sensitive material contained in this post.
I haven’t been this sad in a long time. I sure DISLIKE weaning Brody. Dislike doesn’t even begin to describe it. Most people think I don’t have much emotion, but gosh, this one is killing me!
I’ve taken out the feeding right before he goes to bed, last night and tonight is the second night. I’m sitting here at my computer while Don puts Brody to bed. Argh, my heart is so sad!
I still have three more feedings to cut back on; morning, naptime, and midday. I’m taking one away each week.
You may not want to come around me this month, because I’m going to be SUPER sad
Suggestions on weaning are WELCOMED!
I’ve cropped the following pictures. Only Don was able to see the real ones when I sent them to him on his phone! I’ll miss these days of breastfeeding with Brody.
Awww, that makes me sad too! I don't look forward to the day when I wean Hux. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteBrody is a good little editor...he places his hand in just the right spot. :) Good luck with the whole process. You'll both be fine...I bet.
ReplyDeleteThen don't do it. Let him decide when to wean. It's good for him.
ReplyDeleteBelle is turning one soon and I'm thinking about weaning her but I honestly don't think I'm going to do it anytime soon. I love nursing her, she loves it and it calms her down, plus all the nutrients and antibodies she gets...you know! Anywho, as for weaning, I've heard the bedtime nursing should be last to go. I would start with the daytime nursings first and finish with the bedtime. But also, don't feel pressured to stop nursing Brody. I mean if you want to, go for it. But don't do it cuz you think you should...know what I mean? When you guys are ready. I knew a guy that was breastfed until he was 5. Gross! I wouldn't go that far but Brody will know when he is ready...unless you guys are pregnant;)
ReplyDeleteI loved the way Annabelle looked at me with her big brown eyes when I nursed her. She had a little pink whinnie-the-pooh sleeper with the phrase, "A perfect day," repeated throughout the design. That's the image and thought that comes to mind when I think of nursing her: brown eyes and it's a perfect day.
ReplyDeleteIt killed me to stop nursing her at 6 months, but I really didn't have a choice. I don't envy your predicament.
I'm jealous. At 2 months, I feel like we're cutting out night feedings here as well. I'm just not a mega milk producer. Call them "milk duds" or whatever...
ReplyDelete