Sunday, December 26, 2010

lessons my mother taught me

Never honk unless a life is in danger.

Never lie {even the tiniest of lies}.

Dress like a girl.

Always do your visiting teaching.

Accept every calling.

Never gossip.

Go grocery shopping late at night.

Dress modestly.

Drink water.

Never say no to your hubby if he wants some {Don wishes I was more like my mom}.

Don’t go to the doctors, unless you’re really sick.

Don’t take medicine unless really necessary.

Go to college.

Read the Ensign and scriptures.

Be patient {if you know my mom, you know she is the most patient person alive}.

Tapioca pudding is delicious!

Buy things when you really need them, even if your hubby is a super, big cheapskate.

Sacrifice.

Play the piano and practice {I missed the whole practice-all-the-time thing, sadly}.

Put others first.

Music cures everything.

Never tell people others’ secrets.

IMG_3033
I LOVE YOU, MOM!

6 comments:

  1. This post is really cute Brenda. You know, if all of us were a bit more like your madre, the world would be a better place. She is such a lovely woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Mom's are the BEST!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops! I guess I shouldn't have honked all the way down your street last night when I was leaving your house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... that's a lot of good lessons to be learned! If only I had picked up on some of them earlier - I needed to know your mom before now, obviously ;) I love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish the person who honks every morning at 6:45 in my neighborhood knew your mother better...I guess that's where my patience comes into play.

    Great list...I think your mom would be very frustrated if I was her daughter. Good thing she got YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a very wise mom! I'll have to try to apply that honking advice to my life... it's so hard not to honk at all the four way stop cheaters I see on my work commute. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.