Tuesday, January 4, 2011

we have a home!

Last week on Craigslist, I saw a posting that said something like, “I just bought a house and the owners left a piano here. First one here with $100, gets it!” I won! It’s a Upright Grand piano.

I told Don the other day, that now that we have a piano, I feel like we have a home!

Now we get to sing a song together as a family every night, as I play out of the EASY hymn book Smile And Brody, and future kid{s}, will love me when they get to take lessons and play it everyday!

IMAG0082
The guy delivering it!

IMAG0084

IMAG0085

IMAG0246
Brody starting out early! He wants to be like his grammy Smile

7 comments:

  1. You and your awesome bargain shopping! That is a very cool piano...it's like the one I grew up with. I get a piano in February (free, from my friend...if all goes according to plan) and I know just what you mean about "home." I don't even really know how to play, but I'm excited to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!!! A piano was one of the very first things we bought when we moved into our house and I love having it. All 3 of my girls are taking lessons now and sometimes we get to practice duets together ... what a treat! I really need to sit down and play more so I can improve myself - perhaps I should add that to my list of resolutions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Amazing find! I bought a piano a couple of years ago right before I was accepted to grad school. I knew I couldn't take it with me, so my parents are watching it for me in the mean time. I love having it in my parents' house when I come home - it really does feel more homey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda that looks beautiful! I'll TRADE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a piano for $100, and the guy delivered it: you really did find a winning situation.

    How much do you charge to locate things for other people? The next time I need an item, I am going to outsource the process to you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.