Saturday, April 30, 2011

slow roasting

Last night Don accidently turned Brody's portable fan/heater to the heater instead of the fan. He was slow roasting our son until 4am, when we hear Brody say "daddy, water! daddy, water!" Right away we knew something was wrong because he never does that. And he rarely wakes up before 7am.

Don walked into his room and it was ROASTING! Poor guy. He didn't want to go back to sleep after that, but now he is going on a 4-hour nap. Making up his sleep!

I can't even imagine how hot he must have been. Poor little guy :(

4 comments:

  1. As soon as I opened the door I felt so bad. He did not want to go back into his room to get his teddy bears. He waited at the door while I got them. I have felt so bad about all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you heard him asking for water...and woke up enough to go check on him! That is scary!

    He would have been just cozy and fine HERE! Woke up to about 10 inches of snow this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy! Don't be too hard on yourself though - accidents happen! And at least he called out for help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, so we've done that a few times too. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to use that bathroom, and walking by Noras room, and feeling the heat coming from her door! It was like 95 degrees in her room. OOPS!!! I am sure Don felt bad, but don't be surprised if it happens again. Kids are tough!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.