I (as in Don) decided it was time for Brody to go on his first camp out. Our ward had their Father & Son’s camp out on July 8 & 9, so I figured that this was a good of time as any. The camp out was at Upper Wolf Creek, which is just a little ways outside of Prescott. Brody had a rough night Thursday and woke up around 3:00 am Friday morning. I figured this would just make him take a long nap on the drive up, but I was wrong. He only took about an hour nap, but we made it up to Prescott with out any cry and only a short stop at McDonald’s.
We got the tent set up just in time for it to start raining on us, which Brody was not to happy about. After a 20 minute play date in the van, he was back to normal and was ready to go look around.
We had a lot of fun playing with the Sargent’s and going on hikes (Thanks Kenny for bring baseball stuff).
Time for a healthy dinner
Back to play
Brody was not very happy when it got dark, which turned into a total melt down when he realized that we were staying in the tent for the night. So after buckling him into his car seat, I had a fun time taking down our camp as fast as I could while keeping the light on in the van. After a quick stop an Circle K and one to get Brody his blues, we made the long drive home.
I like to camp like Brody...go out, have some fun, eat some yummy food, then go back home and sleep in my bed. I'll take him "camping" anytime. :)
ReplyDelete