Wednesday, November 2, 2011

mommy, what does orange say?

Today Brody says to me, “mommy, what does orange say?” I said, “I don't know, what does orange say?” He responds, “Orange says orange.” This kids mind makes me laugh lol.

On a NOT funny note (the real reason for this post), I need help! Some days, I’ll put Brody in his crib (he is 2.5-years-old) and he will stay awake FOREVER (I’m talking almost 2 hours sometimes) and not take a nap. Eventually I take him out, but then he ends up crashing about 5pm. Argh! Then he stays up too late. This is not everyday, but this seems to be like every third or fourth day now.

What should I do?

4 comments:

  1. When kids aren't in a growth spurt, they quite often don't require as much sleep. On the days you can tell he's not tired, don't put him in the crib. He'll take naps when he needs them. I know YOU need him to take a nap, but it's really fine for him to start slowly weaning off them, especially if you plan on putting him in preschool when he's 3. That's my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew stopped taking naps at 3 1/2. He may be done! Good thing he's in preschool because I'd go nuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I feel your pain! Belle, who is only 2, has been fighting me with naps lately. She will fuss and fuss and I will leave her in there thinking she will take a nap but I will peek in and she will be playing with her blankies or doing whatever. I am NOT ready for her to be done with naps, especially with new baby coming so soon. I mean, Ruby still takes naps and she is 3 1/2. What is up with these babies thinking they don't need naps?? I wish I had some great advice but I'm at a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Brendita! Welcome to the wonderful world of Toddler's! Maybe you should try delaying his nap by an hour that may help. But honestly if he is not freaking out while he is in his room for 2 hours not napping, he is still getting the downtime and quiet time that he needs. Tessie is starting to only take an hr to an hr and 1/2 naps now but she sleeps all through the night so I take what I can get because at least she isn't up all night. And remember that every child is different. No book can tell you how to exactly handle your very own, just Heavenly Father. If you are really at a loss get on your knees and beg the Big Guy for some advice. Brody is normal don't fret. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.