Why, of all things, is food so hard to control for me? I could go on for HOURS about this, but much of it is too personal, emotional, and embarassing.
Somedays I do great, and others not so much.
Is there a theory behind it all? I'm sure lots of you have great insight on it!
Weight takes up the majority of my thoughts, yet I have such a hard time with it. Argh!
I guess we all have different trials...
Somedays I do great, and others not so much.
Is there a theory behind it all? I'm sure lots of you have great insight on it!
Weight takes up the majority of my thoughts, yet I have such a hard time with it. Argh!
I guess we all have different trials...
Food and my weight have always been a struggle for me as well. The only time I remember feeling completely in control and happy was when I did weight watchers. Yes it was hard at first and then it was so fun for me to see my weekly weight loss and feel good about myself again. Then I moved to AZ, started dating Adam, and I started gaining weight and going back into the habits I had before doing weight watchers. I have yo-yoed back and forth since and have finally decided come January first that I will be joining weight watchers again. They have a new program I am interested to find out about and I am so looking forward to feeling good about myself again. For me, it is something I know I am always going to have to think about and deal with my entire life. But, I KNOW weight watchers works and is a lifestyle change and does not make it so you can't live. You can adjust to every situation. I would love to hear what others think as this is an issue I think about constantly as well.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE to eat... LOVE it :o). Plus I cannot control myself around junk food. I also happen to know that if I say that I can't have something, I want it more. So what I decided to do recently is cut some of the things that I eat most and I know are not good for me. If I cut those things out of my diet completely, and I can have as much of anything else I want, then I know I can do it and not starve :o). So I recently cut most dairy and all processed foods including wheat products. I can have anything I want, but I cannot eat breads, pastas, muffins, baked goods, etc and I do not eat cheese (I use to eat a lot of this), sour cream, drink milk, etc. For me it was about feeling better and I have a hunch that I am intolerant to one or both of these products (wheat and milk). So we will see. I am feeling really good about this diet and I feel "in control" since I can have whatever else I want (even though it leaves me with a more limited selection of food). Maybe start by trying to cut out processed foods or one type of product that you know isn't good for you?
ReplyDelete