Thursday, January 19, 2012

4-day work week

For 8 months now, Don has been working for the City of Avondale, which does a 4-day work week, M-Th 7am-6pm.

I thought our marriage was great before, but I feel like it’s so much stronger because of it. You ask why? Because we get to spend more time together! More relaxing time. Trying to cram things into one Saturday is hard. Now we have Fridays to play, and Saturdays more to do chores and such. And Sunday is the Sabbath Day.

Also, the kids love when he is home!

Plus, it makes it SO much easier on me, because I can have appts and such on Fridays. Just so much easier to get things done.

I honestly think all companies should go towards a 4-day work week. It’s heaven!

1 comment:

  1. I love my job, but it is a bit sad that I can rarely take days off and have to work on a lot of weekends, simply because people's medical needs don't disappear on the weekends and we are severely understaffed. I am SO jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.