Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ping Golf

Have you ever been laid-off from a job before? I hadn't until Tuesday, December 11, 2007. I actually had taken that day off work for a doctor's appt (which I never go to the doctors, but now that I will be getting married, I needed to go). Around 10am that day, I got a voicemail from a co-worker telling me to call him cuz he had some crazy news. I called him back and he told me that our whole team was laid-off due to the bad real estate market (we created software for Title & Escrow companies). I didn't believe him cuz he's such a jokester anyway. So I called another guy from the team and he told me that that was true.

I went to pick up my last paycheck that day. Cori was with me at the time, so I brought her along. I told everyone she was my little sister LOL. She even came into the meeting with my boss and boss's boss where they explained to me why we were all laid-off, since I wasn't there that morning when they told my whole team.

I actually thought I would be more stressed about the whole ordeal, but I really wasn't since I knew I had Don :)

I was going to take the whole month of December off and then look for a job in January, but my ex-coworkers decided to give out my information to recruiters. Punks. A few recruiters called but I wasn't super interested, but then one called saying that my old project manager wanted me to come do contract work for Ping(http://www.pinggolf.com/). So here I am. They are trying to globalize their Windows-based application to be used in Japan and Mexico, so I am in charge of making sure all the dates, currencies, numbers, and messages all appear correctly according to what language is being used. It's pretty cool actually. It's a 6+ month contract so we'll see how it goes. It pays way more which is nice, but I don't get benefits...but I'll be going on Don's in March anyway ;)



I'm actually at work right now. I'm waiting for our QA tester to finish doing some testing so I can fix the issues in the code.

I feel super blessed to have found a job so quickly, even though I didn’t get to play the whole month of December LOL

1 comment:

  1. It happend for a reason i tell you lol i love you my bestie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.