Monday, November 30, 2009

fun toilet

We went to Cedar City, UT for Thanksgiving. We left Tuesday afternoon, and Don’s parents got to our house Wednesday night. Yes, they were staying at our house for Thanksgiving even though we weren’t there. They were visiting Don’s sister. We had planned to go up to Cedar City long before we knew they were coming.

We got a phone call from Don’s dad on Saturday morning saying our master bathroom and part of the bedroom were SOAKED. The toilet malfunctioned somehow. So, we left that day instead of Sunday.

When we got home this is what we saw (since we had already contacted the home owners insurance). They are still blowing as I type this. They say it takes 3-5 days to dry. We have some fans in our family room too, because the water was dripping from the ceiling too (that is how Don’s parents noticed it).

Lots of repairs need to be done now, but thank goodness for insurance and we just have to pay a deductible!!! So blessed!

IMG_1864 IMG_1863 IMG_1862 IMG_1861

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Brenda! No fun! When we managed apartments, we always dreaded calls about disasters like this. And we got a few, but I know how not fun they were. The only thing worse that dealing with them is having to pay for them, too! Good luck with that. I hope something good comes from it, though I'm not sure what.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.