Saturday, June 26, 2010

my google calendars

Don and I are addicted to Google Calendar. We share out to each other our calendars, so we see what the other is doing. I’m purple, he’s green. And then we have a calendar for Brody, since he’s such a busy little kid lol. Someday he will be!

When I was in Virginia Beach, my friend Kirstynn kept trying to convince me that I need to create a monthly menu calendar. She just writes hers on paper and puts it on the fridge. Since I love technology, and since her convincing finally worked, we have a menu calendar now! I love it because I can make a meal stretch over two days. Or I can drag-and-drop a meal to another day if I don’t feel like fixing it, or don’t have the ingredients. I love how I can put links to recipes in the item. If Don is at work, he can add meals to the menu as well. We are loving our new menu calendar! Thanks Kirstynn!

As you can see below, my Reminders calendar is not in a color. That means I don’t want it to display on my calendar when I look it it, however, it sends reminders to my phone so I can remember to do something. For example, pick up coupons from neighbor every Tuesday, floss,  send hours to my boss, get coupons ready for the morning outing with Brody, watch Katie Brown’s Workshop on PBS, watch Biggest Loser (when it was on), wash sheets, backup all data on my pc using Microsoft SyncToy, shower (I do that at night and forget to sometimes lol) etc. You get the picture.

calendar

I love Google Calendar because you can add multiple calendars to one account. Maybe we’ll have a few more kids and they will be added to it as well! If you have any more ideas for calendars, send them my way!

7 comments:

  1. I love it too. Like the menu idea. I have hard copies, but I like your techy approach. I also have a calendar for birthdays and a separate google account for our ward primary where we can share calendars and documents. Gotta love google!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the best ideas. I need to do a meal calander and I might actually be able to manage itthis way. Thanks for your help the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! You're SO organized! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love planning out my meals! I feel like it saves me lots of stress. I even will plan when to defrost the meat. You should check out my recipe blog for new recipes. http://sallys-smorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be like you when I grow up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea because I get dinner cooked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so techy, always using the most efficient tools. I just need to come up for a weekend and let you teach me all the tricks. (mmmm, sounds fun - right lol)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.