Tuesday, December 6, 2011

potty training and big toilets

Brody is about 95 percent potty trained, I would say. At home at least. The other day we were at Costco as a family, and Brody said he had to pee, so this was going to be the first shot in a public bathroom on a big toilet.

I took him into the stall and held him up over the toilet. He was crying and said he wouldn’t go. I kept saying you have to, you have to. And then I held him up by my knee, like the picture here:

Pottytraining-toilets5
The article behind this picture is found here and terribly funny!

After holding him up by my knee, he started peeing! And now he doesn’t have a problem going in the big potty.

Now the problem is…how do I send him to others’ houses? Why do toilets have to be so tall??? Brody is a shorty.

2 comments:

  1. When my boys were little and just starting to potty train I always had them sit down on the toilet to pee. Once they got the hang of it then we would use a stool for them to stand on until they were tall enough to aim and make it in the potty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach him to sit... Easier for him and way less messy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.